Wednesday, February 15, 2012

10 Ways to Stop Worrying About Money

Most people worry about money so
1. Stay Present
Stop dwelling on the future.  Staying present is something I can't emphasize enough.  Whether it's worry or joy, try to stay present and remember that you are not promised tomorrow.  No need to get all worked up about what has not happened, good or bad.

2. Remember
My life has always been amazing.  In fact, it keeps getting better.  Despite that, somehow I still find myself worrying that someday it'll all fall apart.  I've never been destitute, homeless or even without some kind of income.  And yet I worry that I will be one day.  But if I just remember that everything has always worked out in the past, I can trust that it will continue to work out in the future.
 

3. Make a Savings Plan
Many of us don't know how to budget for a rainy day.  A savings plan will help you put money aside so that you don't have to worry.  Creating a little nest egg is a smart thing to do given today's economy and it can be as simple as putting $10 a week into an envelope beside your bed.

4. Brainstorm Solutions
Can you get a part time job?  Can you apply for a grant?  Can you start your own business?  Just jot down whatever comes to mind and most likely something good will come up.
 
5. Ask for Help
Ask friends and family for their advice on how to control money worries.  Everyone goes through it and everyone has their own way of dealing.  Asking for help and not hiding your stress is one of the best ways to relieve it. 

6. Breath
Inhale slowly.  Hold.  Exhale slowly.  Repeat.
Smile, breathe and go slowly.  ~Thich Nhat Hanh

7. Exercise
I jog and boy does that relieve whatever stress I carry.  I run, and enter into a trance of sorts where all I can think about is my breathing and making it to the end.  It's a good way to stay present, release toxins, and build endorphins which will make you happy.  Be careful though because you might get addicted!
 

8. Be Grateful
Do you have food on your table?  Clothes on your back?  What else do we really need in life?  Money is not the key to survival.  Money is great don't get me wrong.  But stress is bad.  So stop worrying and take a moment to thank your lucky stars.

9. Research
Luckily there are investment and saving options out there that can help increase your income.  It's your job to read up on them and decide what works for you.  In this blog I will cover some old options and new trends and the effectiveness of them both.  But don't take my word for it, go out and research for yourself.

10. Perspective
Usually our problems are really not that deep.  Even money problems.  If you're stressing because you can't buy a new car or the high-end clothes that you want, remember it's material and those things really don't matter.  Money can't buy love.  Money can't buy happiness.  You need to find those things on your own.  If your money problems are bigger than that, then you need to adjust your attitude and your priorities.  No need to worry, just change your mindset to that of abundance and you will attract it.

No comments:

Post a Comment