Thursday, February 23, 2012

5 Products You Should Always Buy Discount




I love discount stores.  We all have our favorites and they vary depending on where you are in the country.  As a native New Yorker, I used to love the 99cent store.  The everything store where the goods are cheap.  Here in my little So-Cal city I don't see as many quality 99cent stores but there are other discount stores that are just as good and some that are even better.  Here are the top 5 items you should always purchase at a discount store:

1. Detergent
Of course the generic brands are cheaper here but even the leading brands are offered at big discounts.

2. Paper Products
Toilet paper, paper towels, wrapping paper, loose leaf paper, paper plates, paper napkins... whatever kind of paper it is it's always cheaper at a discount store.

3. Some cosmetics
The other day I found a ginormous bottle of Nivea lotion for $10 at my local discount store when a much smaller size would be $8 at a pharmacy.  But, I haven't seen that deal again.  The unfortunate thing about discount stores is that they don't have a consistent inventory so I usually go to the discount store first, and if it's not there then I visit the pricier stores.
 
4. Greeting Cards
Discount stores have an array of greeting cards at extreme discounts.  Your local pharmacy will charge $4 - $5 for a birthday card to mom.  Discount stores always have them for half the price.  And the quality is just as good.

5. Cleaning Products
Brooms, mops, sponges, scrub brushes, dustpans, bleach, cleanser -- these are items that always need replacing and there's no reason to spend top dollar on them.  I always get my mops and brooms from discount stores.  They are cheap and they hold up well.  Who needs a high end expensive broom?

Happy Shopping!!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment